The Malta Register recognises the certificates issued to seafarers by other maritime authorities and when such seafarers are employed on Malta registered vessels, they need to have their certificates of competency endorsed by the Maltese authorities.
The role of Combined Maritime Services in this respect is to:
- Submit to the vessel operator the documentary requirements to obtain an endorsement.
- Process the documents for presentation to the respective authorities.
- Follow up with Transport Malta for the endorsements.
- Obtain acknowledgement within 24hrs.
- Obtain original endorsement and dispatch to the owner.